By joining PCPI, your school stakes a claim. By joining, we tell legislators and other education stakeholders that we stand together to support parent involvement, parent education, and play-based early childhood education. There are over 8,000 cooperative schools just in North America. Many of these schools have been successfully operating for 50 years and longer. Research supports play-based models built upon a foundation of partnership between families and teachers. Even though legislators and education advocates know that family involvement in a play-based model is directly connected to success in lifelong learning, they cannot find a single resource that tells this story even though so many schools have been doing this very thing for decades!
By joining, you increase your presence and ours with education stakeholders and prospective families. The parent cooperative model becomes one of the pillars that support early childhood education along with Montessori, Reggio-inspired, and Waldorf programs. We hope our member directory will shout this story from the mountaintop! Without this, our voices are simply lost in the crowd.
Together we are stronger.
The Many Benefits of Membership
- Networking with cooperative schools internationally
- Subscription to Cooperatively Speaking
- Listing in the member directory including links to schools and councils
- Access to online discussion group
- E-mail advice from experienced co-op leaders
- Publications at member prices
- Awards program for volunteers and employees
- Subscription to NCBA Cooperative Business Journal
- Katharine Whiteside Taylor Bursary (Canada)
- Becky Allen Parent Education Grant (United States)
- Student Accident Insurance Program (U.S. members only)
- Marika Townshend Travel Grants to attend PCPI annual meetings
- Cooperative Spirit Award
Find your place...
Becoming a member is easy. Select the membership type that's right for you, click Add to Cart, and you're on your way. If you prefer, you can download and print a school membership form and mail it in with a check.
PCPI needs your support. We are a volunteer-run association and we would like you to help us in our work supporting cooperative preschools. And, we believe that once you get to know us and our passion for cooperative preschools, you will find your time with PCPI very rewarding.
Your donation allows us to connect people and create partnerships around the world. We run conservation projects with our partners, seeking the most constructive solutions.